Monday, November 4, 2013

30 days of Thanksgiving

I haven't blogged in quite a while. I have still been reading everyone's blog but haven't felt like sharing. I felt like my blog was getting boring. I am still struggling with our debt and our debt did increase over the summer because of poor planning on my part. I am back on track though.

On Facebook a lot of people do a 30 days of Thanksgiving, posting something everyday they are thankful for. I decided to do it on my blog. I will play catch up with the days I missed and then try to post one everyday.  :)

Day 1:  Family. I am thankful for  my husband and my 3 kids. They are everything to me. We don't see much of our extended family because of differences so it is very important to me that our kids are close. They may argue some times but our kids are all pretty close when it counts.

Day 2: God. I know not everyone believes in God but I do. I grew up in a Christian home and I am thankful for that.

Day3: My Job. I thankful that 4 years ago when I was laid off I found the job I have now and I was only off work for 6 weeks. I work with a good group of people. I may not always enjoy what I am doing but without my job we would not have a roof over our head or food on the table.

Day4: Food in the freezer. With so many people in the world wondering where their next meal is going to come from I am thankful that I have enough food in the freezer that my family won't go hungry.  We may not be eating steak every night but I know I can feed my family.


My daughter starts Drivers Education tonight so that means 3 nights a week (M - W) I have to drive her to class from 5:30 - 7:30. The class is about 30 minutes from our small town so I won't be going back home. I will be finding something to do for those two hours.  Our High School doesn't let Freshman take drivers ed because they don't have enough teachers so we have to do private lessons if we want her to have her drivers license on time. In Illinois a student has to have their permit 9 months before they can get their license.  Since I am taking her to class my husband is at home with the other two boys. He will be fixing the meals while I am gone and taking my oldest boy to basketball practice so I am trying to make things easier for him and have the meals planned out. My husband can cook but I am the one that buys the groceries so I know what we have available.

Here is my menu plan for the week.

Sunday:  Meatloaf , Potatoes , Green beans.

Monday: Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

Tuesday: Hamburgers, Mac & Cheese, Carrot Sticks.

Wednesday: Italian Beef Sandwiches ( Italian Beef made in the Crock-pot)

Thursday: Eggs, Bacon/Sausage/ Toast. 

Friday: Ham and Bean Soup.  ( Crock-pot)

Saturday:  Homemade Pizza.

Sunday:  Leftovers or Pork Chops on the Grill.


1 comment:

  1. Hey my debt increased also is it the name Kim? Perhaps? Be thankful you had the means to increase your debt:) Yuck what a thought!

    ReplyDelete