Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10 of Thanksgiving

   Today I am thankful for my health.  I am 39 years old and I am healthy. I may have some weight to lose but other than that I am healthy. Today in our area was the annual Jingle bell Run/walk  which is a money raiser for arthritis research.  Our company pays the $20 entry fee every year for any employee that wants to participate.  This year I participated in the walk portion which was walking 3.2 miles, 5K. 
    There were a lot of people participating today. I don't have a number but the starting line was very crowded. There was also a lot of people out there that couldn't walk or run because of arthritis that positioned themselves along the race path to encourage the walkers and runners.  It was a nice sight to see all the people out for the event. Some were in groups from work and there were some doing it as a family. There were a lot of young kids walking with their parents. One boy even rode his bike. I don't know how old he was but his bike still had training wheels on it.  
    I do have some members of my extended family that suffer from arthritis. It attacks the young and old. I know my participating was just a drop in the bucket but every little bit helps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment